20000717: GEMPAK ONLINE HELP

>From: Tom Grzelak <address@hidden>

>We are currently making the transition from WXP to GEMPAK 5.4.  We are
>looking for an online manual for 5.4.  The one on the UNIDATA site appears
>to be updated but we are finding some inconsistencies.  For example, the
>DEVICE tag in 5.4 can output directly to a gif.   YET if I was to review
>the information at:
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/manual/chapter3/chap3X5
>Fupc-20.html#HEADING20-0  I would never know this.
>
>Is there a more up to date manual or site where we can get the latest
>variable information, options, etc. on GEMPAK 5.4?  We are fast approaching
>a critical time to get this transition going.
>
>Thanks!
>Tom
>Tom Grzelak                         address@hidden
>Manager - Computing Services
> ----> Center for Environmental Prediction
> ----> Department of Environmental Sciences
>
>Rutgers University
>14 College Farm Road                   Voice: 732-932-4923
>New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551           Fax: 732-932-8644
>                http://www.envsci.rutgers.edu

Tom,

I updated the device drivers information when I made the tutorial at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/devices.html

The postscript documentation in $NAWIPS/docs/users_guide is current for
the 5.4 version. You can use the online "phelp" command in any gempak
program to get information as well, eg: phelp device.

When the 5.5 version is released, the online help will be the basis for
generating
new online docs.

Steve Chiswell