20030403: 20030403: 20030401: GINI data in gempak

Mark,

you need to pass the decoder a GEMPAK looking "device"
which specifies the file name, geometry and color style
like you would in the DEVICE specification of a GEMPAK program,
eg PS|filename||C.

As shown in the redbook examples on the web site,
I pipe to a shell script that calls dcredbook_ps like:

#!/bin/csh -f
#
# Filename: dcredbook_ps.csh
#
# This scripts may be used as a pqact.conf action to automatically
# print REDBOOK graphics found on NOAAPORT.
#
# pqact.conf usage:
#
# send all NOAAPORT graphic products (except those from KWAL) to this script
#HRS     ^P..... (K[^W]|KW[^A]|KWA[^L])
#       PIPE    -close  util/dcredbook_ps.csh
#
#
# source the GEMPAK environment so that table, mapfiles etc. are found
#
source /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron

# Set a work directory and change directory to it
setenv PSDIR $GEMDATA/web/redbook
cd $PSDIR

cat | dcredbook_ps -v 1 -d $GEMDATA/logs/dcredbook.log 'PS|%P.ps||C'
exit 0

The pqact.conf entry is:

HRS    ^P..... (K[^WK]|KW[^A]|KWA[^L]|KK[^C]|KKC[^I])

Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support