20030725: 20030714: dcgrib help, followup

Seth,

Once you have a GEMPAK grid file, you can plot the
data using any of the "GD" programs in GEMPAK (see
Chapter 4 of the user guide:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/help_and_documentation/manual/chap4/index.php
or
the tutorial:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/gridprogs.html

Use the NC decice driver for producing meta files for ntrans:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/gempak/tutorial/ntrans.html

For NMAP2 the file would typically be placed in the $MODEL data directory,
and referenced using a file template defined in $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl.
You can redefine $MODEL to point to a specif area for your project
instead of real-time data.

Functions for the specific gridded data sets defined in datatype.tbl
are provided in $GEMTBL/nmap/mod_res.tbl.
For data files that are not the current data/tim, you would
set the appropriate time using the data selection pullup. A sample case study
data set shows use of non-real-time data with nmap2:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewsdownload&sid=19

Steve Chiswell