[GEMPAK #LRV-758035]: grid radar plotting

> every once in awhile (i can't distinguish a pattern)
> the n0r doesn't plot.. example:
>
> http://weather.bgsu.edu/fronts/archive/200604031551.jpg
>
> in the previous loop you can see it @ 0343 & 0415...
>
> http://weather.bgsu.edu/fronts/apr_02_2006.php
>
> i use these for lecture purposes etc..
>
> thanks much..
>
> cheers,
>
> --patrick

Patrick,

I believe your problem is related to the fact that I added the NET grid a while
back
as you recall. The pqact.gempak_decoders pattern action has the -close flag, and
so what ends up happening is 2 copies of dcgrib2 are running simultaneously and
writing
to the same output file (one decoding N0R andthe other decoding NET). The
result is
a corrupted grid file.You should be able to improve your plots by changing the
-close
flag in the pqact action to -flush as:

# National radar composite generated by GDRADR for IDD
FNEXRAD ^radar_mosaic_national
        PIPE    -flush  decoders/dcgrib2 -v 2 -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_radar.log
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
        data/gempak/radar/YYYYMMDD_radr.gem

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: LRV-758035