[GEMPAK #CZV-548452]: DCAPE.

> Steve - thanks!  Actually I have already ran into grid limitations in
> trying to do some robust gdvint . . . going from pres to zagl . . .
> where I ran out of array space to do a hi res grid.  I kludged
> through it by cutting sub grids to make for smaller arrays to do the
> calcs over just my area of interest.

Plans are underway to rewrite the grid diagnostics using C and dynamic memory
allocation,
which will be a major improvement there. A fair amount of code translation from
Fortran
to C has been done for 5.9.4. After the C conversion is done, then the dynamic
allocation issue will be undertaken.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Stonie
>
> On May 23, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
>
> >> I noticed in a posting to gembud or gempak support in Feb of 2005
> >> someone had asked about DCAPE support in GEMPAK; I see in the latest
> >> versions . . . integrating CAPE or CINS can be done . . . do you know
> >> if DCAPE capability will also be added?
> >>
> >> Stonie
> >>

> > Stonie,
> >
> > I rewrote my addition of CAPE to also do CINS. I can further modify
> > the routine to do DCAPE.
> > I'll look and see what ways of specifying the downdraft initiation
> > level are typical.
> > The biggest limitation is that it takes 7 grids to do the
> > computations (integrating
> > the parcel conditions and storing the results), so be prepared.
> >
> > Steve Chiswell
> > Unidata User Support
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: CZV-548452