[GEMPAK #VTP-245146]: Bus error with binary darwin nmap2 - 5.9.2.

>Only when setting up with L2 data (I tried this with satellite and L3
>data); when left on autoupdate, the data will "lose it's source"
>after running for a few hours. The L2 data will stop updating, and
>if I go to the data selector, the menus will look as if I have no
>data below the $RAD or $SAT level. It I exit and then bring it back
>up, it's fine - and sees the current data.

Stonie,

I believe this is a memory leak issue in the rsl library. I found one that will
lose 3200 bytes every time a sweep is encountered with no radials. On
a test file yesterday, I observed 12,800 byes lost every time the file was read.
That may be a problem over a loop that runs for a while, but can't say how long
it would be before OSX started to have trouble.

At any rate, I'm fixing that up now.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: VTP-245146