[GEMPAK #WMA-940329]: Can't display surface obs on NMAP

Kevin,

You have modified prmlst.tbl from the values in the distribution, so that might
be the problem.

I'm assuming you mean the plot ^METAR | METAR in the prmlst.tbl, where your
colors are missing, eg you have:
SFPARM=SKYK:.75:1:132;TMPF;WSYM:1:1;;;DWPF
COLORS=19;            2;   7; ;;      3;

That  line is missing colors, which is incorrect. You can specify color "0",

The original lines were:
^METAR | METAR
SFPARM=SKYK:.75:1:132;TMPF;WSYM:1:1;SMSL;PTND:1:1;DWPF;STID;;VSBY*10
COLORS=26;            2;   7;       25;  20;      22;  18;   24

Since you only have 4 parameter, try:
COLORS = 19 ; 2; 7; 3

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi,
>
> Something strange has happened and I can't figure out what the problem
> is. For some reason I cannot display my surface obs on NMAP....either
> seperately or overlaid onto any imagery. I am getting the surface data
> in the ldm feed and I am able to run a script to create a surface plot
> for my webpage. However....nothing shows up on NMAP. I have thought that
> perhaps my datatype.tbl was wrong but it appears to be fine. I thought
> my color table was maybe messed up but then why would I be able to plot
> my surface map and produce it in a gif image for my webpage? I am
> currently using version 5.9.3. I am attaching a copy of my datatype.tbl
> and my color tbl. I can display ship reports for surface
> observations.....so that apparently is correct. Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.
>

> My surface obs are stored like so:
> /usr1/nawips/metdat/surface/20060829_sao.gem
> Here is the the file listed out:   -rw-rw-r--  1 ldm users 14895104 Aug
> 29 17:52 20060829_sao.gem
>

> Kevin Polston
> Senior Instructor, NWSTC
> Kansas City MO 64154