GEMPAK 5.10.2 update

GEMPAK users,

I have updated the GEMPAK 5.10.2 distribution for several additions
related to the SREF (short range ensemble forecast) grids available as
of 4/24/07 in the NOAAPORT NWSTG2 data stream (NGRID feed on IDD):
http://www.weather.gov/os/notification/tin06-13aaa_sref_addtion.txt

The supplied pqact decoder patterns now include entries for the 3
available grid regions:

#
# SREF
# Mean, spread, probabalistic fields
#
# CONUS grid 212
NGRID   ^[LM].R... KWBL
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -m 10000 -v 1 -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_sref212.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        -e ENSEXT=1
        data/gempak/model/sref/YYYYMMDDHH_srefus.gem
#
# Alaska grid 216
NGRID   ^[LM].V... KWBL
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -m 10000 -v 1 -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_sref216.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        -e ENSEXT=1
        data/gempak/model/sref/YYYYMMDDHH_srefak.gem
#
# Pacific grid 243
NGRID   ^[LM].X... KWBL
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -m 10000 -v 1 -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_sref243.log
        -e GEMTBL=@GEMTBL@
        -e ENSEXT=1
        data/gempak/model/sref/YYYYMMDDHH_srefpa.gem

The $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl file contains a template SREF for
$MODEL/sref/YYYYMMDDHH_sref*.gem products. The SREF template can be
used to access the us, ak, or pa regions as:
GDFILE = sref:us
GDFILE = sref:ak
GDFILE = sref:pa

In addition, I have added the ceiling vertical coordinate and several
parameter probability entries to the $GEMTBL/grid/g2*.tbl files used by
dcgrib2 and nagrib2
along with an update to the gemlib/gb/gb2prob.c routine to fix the
parameter string name for the weather category type parameters.

The SREF products currently on NOAAPORT are described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/sref/sref_products.html

--
Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
Unidata