Re: [gembud] GLIBC_2.4 not found message

Pete,

Could be that your GLIBC is old or doesn't provide that version of
compatibility. Try:

%strings /lib64/tls/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC

The FC5 system I compiled the 64 bit binaries on has /lib64/libc.so.6
(not the tls you show)
GLIBC_2.2.5
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_2.4
GLIBC_PRIVATE

% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)

The newer 32 bit FC7 system I built binaries on provides:

% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070502 (Red Hat 4.1.2-12)

% strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC
GLIBC_2.0
GLIBC_2.1
GLIBC_2.1.1
GLIBC_2.1.2
GLIBC_2.1.3
GLIBC_2.2
GLIBC_2.2.1
GLIBC_2.2.2
GLIBC_2.2.3
GLIBC_2.2.4
GLIBC_2.2.6
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.3.2
GLIBC_2.3.3
GLIBC_2.3.4
GLIBC_2.4
GLIBC_2.5
GLIBC_2.6
GLIBC_PRIVATE

If your GLIBC is below the 2.4, you can upgrade your runtime
environment.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support