[GEMPAK #EAU-733768]: genpak5.11.4 source version

Not finding libnetcdf.* to remove is not a problem - it's likely it was never
built in the first place.

If you completely remove the contents of $NAWIPS/extlibs/netCDF/ and then
uncompress the previously attached tarball, then follow the build instructions
(run "make clean" and "make all" in $NAWIPS/extlibs/netCDF/ - do not run "make
all" from $NAWIPS) - do you still see the libtool problem?

Michael James
Unidata

> Michael,
>
> I followed your guide to rebuild the package. It seemed that problems stayed
> the same: could not find libnetcdf.a. Not only that, there are many more
> other errors. I see many programs built in $NAWIPS/os/bin. In the suite ntl,
> there are only less important programs ncolor, ntrans, and nalarm. No any
> important programs such as garp, nmap2, nwx, and nsharp were built. I again
> attached the make.out, install.out and clean.out. Note that our system is
> SUSE Linx and gfortran installed. Neither f77 nor g77 is installed. Thank
> your very much for your instructions,
>
> Wen

> Wenxian,
>
> It seems you have encountered a problem with the netCDF library being built.
>
> I've made a patch available that I believe will solve this problem.
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/mjames/gempak/gempak_netcdf_upd_201007.tar.gz
>
> save an uncompress in $NAWIPS
> cd to $NAWIPS/extlibs/netCDF/
> "make clean"
> rm $OS_LIB/libnetcdf.*
> "make all"
>
> Hopefully this should complete without any problems.  Please let me know
> either way.
>
> Best,
>
> Michael James
> Unidata User Support
>
> > Dear Sir/Madam,
> >
> > I tried to build the gempak5.11.4 source version. Lots of errors occurred.
> > Could you please help me? I attached the file make.out from "make all".
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Wenxian Lul
> >

> Ticket Details
> Ticket ID: EAU-733768