[GEMPAK #KKY-797637]: dcgrib2 help

Hi Aaron,

Is the grib2 file you attached intended as a single-record example or is it the
full file you are producing?

I ask because the only record shown by wgrib2 is:

> wgrib2 -v2 test.grib2
1:0:01Z14oct2009:BREF Base Reflectivity [dB]:lvl1=(255,missing)
lvl2=(255,missing):no_level::

and after adding TAMU to wmocenter.tbl (center ID 199) I see "No GRIB record
was found" error messages both with dcgrib2 and nagrib2.

Michael
Unidata

> Full Name: Aaron Funk
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.4
> Operating System: Mac OS X Snow Leopard
> Hardware: Macbook Pro
> Description of problem: I wrote several days ago and have since moved beyond
> my initial issue.  I was having trouble confirming whether my GEMPAK
> environment was setup properly for dcgrib2 to work.  I now believe that it is
> as I was able to successfully decode a grib2 file from a NCEP server using
> dcgrib2.
>
> Currently, I am trying to convert our internal radar data from a netcdf
> format to a gempak format.  In order to do this, I am first converting from
> netCDF to GRIB2 using the g2clib 1.2 libraries.  I have tested the grib2
> files I am creating and know that the data is there as  I was able to plot it
> out.
>
> I have not completely ruled out that the grib2 file I am generating may be at
> fault for the dcgrib2 failures, but I am also a little unsure about the
> dcgrib2 process and the errors that are being generated.  I've attached a few
> files here from a dcgrib2 run on the test.grib2 file that I've also attached.
>
> I have altered the g2varswmo4.tbl to include the following line:
> 000 015 001 020 Base Reflectivity                dB                   BREF
>          0  -9999.00
>
> yet I continue to get a dcgrib2 error message concerning this.  How can I
> correct this error and the other errors that appear in the log file?
>
> I've also altered the wmocenter.tbl file to include a TAMU entry and then
> created the vertical coordinate table for TAMU by copying the g2vcrdwmo4.tbl
> file and renaming g2vcrdtamu0.tbl.
>
> What else is necessary in order to get dcgrib2 to properly convert this file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron Funk

Ticket ID: KKY-797637
Department: Support GEMPAK