[GEMPAK #HTT-869970]: decoders for Mac OS 10.7?

HI Susan,

This is a problem I've not heard about before, and the popup windows are
surprising.

I have been building on 10.6 without problem but have not had a chance to build
on Lion, so I'm afraid I can't offer anything good at this time.

I have, however, attached a link to a tarball archive of my 10.6-compiled
decoders, though I don't know at all if they'll work for you.  Please let me
know and if the problems persist I'll check on 10.7 when I get a chance.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/mjames/gempak/OSXdecoders.tar.gz

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello,
> I am having trouble with LDM and GEMPAK on Mac OS 10.7 Lion. I think
> the current problems are mainly with dcgrib2, dcmetr, dcnldn dctaf
> decoders. At least I've not got a hundred windows popped up telling me
> "You can't open the application dcgrib2 because PowerPC applications
> are no longer supported." (identical windows say the same about the
> other decoders I mentioned.) I compiled both programs on this new
> machine, which is of course Intel based, not PowerPC. Is there a place
> where I could get copies of the decoders that have been recently
> compiled on an Intel Mac? Or can you suggest something I should try?
>
> Thanks for any help or advice,
> -sj
>

> address@hidden
>
> Susan Jane Curtis
> Computer Consultant
> Department Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> NC State University
> 3150 Jordan Hall - Box 8208
> Raleigh NC 27695
>
> 919-515-2609