[GEMPAK #GLZ-986601]: SGWH NMAP2 6.10.0 data display

Hi Jose,

I am on leave, out of the country at the moment, sorry I couldn't look at this
sooner.

I believe if you uncomment the SGWH line in $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl you
will be able to view these SGWH files in NMAP2 and GEMPAK programs.

Right now the entries are

!SGWH         $GEMDATA/sgwh             *_YYYYMMDDHH.sgwh
         CAT_MSC  SCAT_NIL   -1   1440     60 OFF/0/0                    4
SGWH         $GEMDATA/jason            YYYYMMDDHH.jason
        CAT_MSC  SCAT_NIL   -1   1440     60 OFF/0/0                    4

you want them to be

SGWH         $GEMDATA/sgwh             *_YYYYMMDDHH.sgwh
        CAT_MSC  SCAT_NIL   -1   1440     60 OFF/0/0                    4
!SGWH         $GEMDATA/jason            YYYYMMDDHH.jason
         CAT_MSC  SCAT_NIL   -1   1440     60 OFF/0/0                    4

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello Michael,
> I just wanted to follow up on the SGWH type of format display for NMAP2
> 6.10.0 version.
> We are in the process of transferring a very important SGWH type format
> related project into operations, and we will need to be able to display
> that data before the transfer.
> Have you or your team come up with any suggestions to fix that format?.
> Please let us know of any ideas that you might think of.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time and much consideration.
>
> Jose
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello Jose,
> >
> > I made edits to datatype.tbl for 6.10 that included scatterometer data
> > file support, so likely that caused SGWH to not work correctly anymore.
> >  Thank you for attaching the example file, I will take a look at get back
> > to you with an answer.
> >
> > Michael James
> > Unidata
> >

> > > Hello,
> > > I'm having trouble displaying MISC SGWH on NMAP2 6.10.0. However I was
> > able
> > > to display the data on a previous NMAP2 version.
> > >
> > > I don't know what happened if new features were added or the datatype.tbl
> > > settings changed on that later version that is preventing from displaying
> > > the data.
> > >
> > > I have attached a SGWH sample file. Could you please check if you can
> > > display it on version 6.10.0 from your end?.
> > >
> > > Thanks  a lot for your time.
> > >
> > > Jose.
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: GLZ-986601