[GEMPAK #GEF-629334]: Dropsonde data storage problems

Hello Andre,

I assume that when you say "all data requests" you mean other data sources on
the WMO feed, in the same pqact.gempak_decoders file?

Any time you notice a data product not being written, you should check if the
data product is being received by the LDM queue with the command (in this case)

notifyme -vl - -p "^UZ" -f WMO -o 3600

This will look for data products with a matching header of ^UZ on the WMO feed,
available within the last hour on your machine.

Other things to check:

* Is WMO specified in ldmd.conf?
* Does the logfile data/gempak/logs/dcuair_drop.log report any errors?
* Does the problem "solve itself" with ldmadmin restart?

-Michael
Unidata

> Greetings,
>
> I got some trouble with the data storage of Dropsondes Reports (located at
> pqact.gempak_decoders). I checked all the path, and seems that everything
> is fine:
>
> ---
>
> # dropsonde reports
> #
> WMO     ^UZ
> PIPE    decoders/dcuair -d data/gempak/logs/dcuair_drop.log -a 50
> -m 24
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> data/gempak/drops/YYYYMMDD_drop.gem
>
> ---
>
> LDM is storaging all data requests, except for the drops. What should I do?
>
> Cheers, André Castro

Ticket ID: GEF-629334
Department: Support GEMPAK