[GEMPAK #WDD-260415]: Compiling Gempak for linux64 with gcc 4.7

> I tried to compile back in Dec 2014, and ran into decoder issues.
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg06461.html
>
> Has this problem been resolved yet?  I am planning on building a new Debian
> server and don't want to waste time using the latest OS if it will not work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John H

Hi John,

These are runtime errors and happen most frequently with gempak decoders build
using gcc/gfortran 4.6 or great, reported mostly on Fedora Core systems. I
wrote about a fix at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/runtime_errors.html

The solution is to be sure that the -fno-whole-file gfortran flag is being used
in whichever $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc file you are using to build GEMPAK on your
system.  The flag was baselined for Fedora linux gfortran builds last year:
https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/blob/bc574a37c27dd39027c570e49a26ba86d663aa3e/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_fedora#L12

Please let me know what OS, gcc/gfortran version, and $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc
you are working with.

Michael

Ticket ID: WDD-260415
Department: Support GEMPAK