Re: McIDAS Data (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:28:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: McIDAS Data

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Michael W Dross wrote:

> With the tremendous amount of satellite imagery now available on NOAAPORT has
> anyone discussed the possiblity of replacing the MCIDAS satellite imagery with
> the GINI NOAAPORT data? I suspect that McIDAS can't handle GINI, I belive
> GEMPAK
> can and  I know WXP can.  It might be a more cost effective solution
> and the NCF does have 24/7 coverage which in theory should provide a reliable
> data stream 24/7.
>
> My $0.02

Hear hear!!! And at 1 KM resolution every 15 minutes, it takes classroom
learning to a whole new level when you can see outflow boundaries and
stuff that gets missed on the 4 KM, 1 hour updates. I can get it from NASA
and UCAR's web weather sites now, but I'd rather have it locally.

Gilbert

Internet: address@hidden    (My opinions only!)                     ******
Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                ***