Re: 20041201:bgsu unidata weather atm

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Patrick L. Francis wrote:

> >Question..How long do you plan on having both weather AND unidata feed
> >from ATM?
>
> i've been doing that intentionally just to compare feeds, since the only
> thing streaming into weather is ids/ddsplus

no worries, you can still experiment...especially since weather is just
requesting ids/ddplus..however, we have noticed that the performance of
the LDM is strongly linked to the number of connections
outbound..regardless of volume.

> >If it is going to be persistent for a long time, we would prefer one
> >connection to ATM and have your machines feed each other...
>
> ok.. since the feed was so small didn't think it would hurt :( and is
> an excellent opportunity to compare

I will let you know if it becomes problematic.

> >saves your
> >bandwidth as well, and I hear we had some volume shaping going on for
> >awhile at BGSU while I was away :)
>
> people seem to disagree about what caused the difficulty... interesting
> thing is how long we were running along fine... i am supposed to
> be 'uncapped'

Yes, if they would just keep port 388 uncapped all is AOK.

> >FIs SUNY the only
> >downstream..?
>
> you had mentioned someone else needing to downstream but I have
> forgotten who...

I will point any future users to the preferred IP.

Are you going to contact SUNY, or shall I?

> >Hope you also had a peaceful thanksgiving...we had a foot of snow and 2F
> >temps...love winter :)
>
> brother had the DOR procedure... wish we had a foot of snow!!

Hope his heart heals well!!!

we'll send some snow your way :)

Cheers,