Re: tigge config

YangXin,

You have a very good understanding of the software.  A cluster
director does do TCP proxying, and it is usually more complex than
the TCP proxy software I'm using on ultrazone (called Balance);

 <http://www.inlab.de/balance.html>

In building a real cluster, I'd recommend LVS for load balancing
and Heartbeat for high availability/failure detection;

 <http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org>
 <http://www.linux-ha.org>

The only change I've made on your system so far is to the ldmd.conf
file by changing ultrazone.ucar.edu to ultrazone.ucar.edu:8080 and
restarting your LDM with "ldmadmin restart".  I've also built
balance in /usr/local/ldm01/tmp ans started it running;

$ ps -ef | grep balance | grep 8080
ldm01  18415  1  0 Mar30 ?     00:00:00 ./balance 8080 localhost:388

Can you ask your network people to open port 8080 on your system
so ECMWF and NCAR can connect to port 8080 on tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn?

In the long run, will it be simpler to use port 8080 or find out
where and why the LDM port 388 is being throttled?

Best Regards,

mike