[IDD #VJN-743814]: GEMPAK

Hi Massoud,

re:
> I'm currently configuring the LDM on my Red Hat Linux
> machine. In the meantime, I wanted to give you the
> following information for obtaining upstream data-feeds.
>
> Name of site: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
> LDM Administrator
> Name: Massoud Fazal
> Phone Number: 650-604-0225
> Email Address: address@hidden
>
> Fully-qualified hostname of my computer that will run the LDM.
> Host name: vams36.arc.nasa.gov
> IP address: 128.102.146.246
> Feedtypes: UNIWISC, FNEXRAD, HDS, NGRID.
>
> Please note that I will not be getting data feeds from the
> aerospace lab due to data storage issues we are having.
> Instead, I will try to get the data feeds on my Linux
> machine and process them through GEMPAK.

OK.

> My machine should
> be able to run the LDM both forward and reverse from our
> network. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Forward and reverse DNS appear to be working correctly:

nslookup vams36.arc.nasa.gov
Server:         206.168.216.6
Address:        206.168.216.6#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   vams36.arc.nasa.gov
Address: 128.102.146.246

$ nslookup 128.102.146.246
Server:         206.168.216.6
Address:        206.168.216.6#53

Non-authoritative answer:
246.146.102.128.in-addr.arpa    name = vams36.arc.nasa.gov.

102.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = ns1.arc.nasa.gov.
102.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = nasans1.nasa.gov.
102.128.in-addr.arpa    nameserver = ns.arc.nasa.gov.
ns.arc.nasa.gov internet address = 128.102.16.2
ns1.arc.nasa.gov        internet address = 128.102.201.2

Initially, please use aeolus.ucsd.edu as your primary upstream
feed host.  I have just verified that there is an allow for
your machine on aeolus, but you should verify that this works
using:

<as 'ldm' on your machine>
notifyme -vxl- -f ANY -h aeolus.ucsd.edu

This will tell you immediately if you are allowed to request
data.

I also reconfigured aeolus to ingest the NGRID data.  I will need
to watch aeolus to make sure that this does not push the machine past
its ingest/relay capacity.  If it does, I will have to ask you to move
your NGRID request to a different upstream host (which would likely
be rainbow.al.noaa.gov).

> Thanks for your time.

No worries.

Cheers,