[IDD #FBZ-603114]: LDM request

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing as representative of the National Operational Hydrologic
> Remote Sensing Center (NOHRSC) in Chanhassen, MN, and we would like to
> set up an LDM, primarily to supplement and possibly replace an existing
> NOAAPort feed.
>
> The LDM administrator will be
>
> Carrie Olheiser
> 952-361-6610x228
> address@hidden
>
> The computer that will run the LDM is ftp-mirror.nohrsc.nws.gov, and we
> anticipate starting out with the DDPLUS|IDS stream.
>
> I believe we need to be informed about an upstream feed site?
>
> Thanks,
> Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Great, and welcome aboard! No problem getting you an upstream site.

However, while exploring a "traceroute" to:
ftp-mirror.nohrsc.nws.gov

..it does not resolve.

To participate in the Unidata IDD/LDM network the machine the LDM is running on
needs to have both forward and reverse DNS capability.

traceroute: unknown host ftp-mirror.nohrsc.nws.gov
/opt/ldm% nslookup ftp-mirror.nohrsc.nws.gov
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find ftp-mirror.nohrsc.nws.gov.cise-nsf.gov: NXDOMAIN

Please let me know if I am not investigating the right machine name, or if you
have an IP# for the machine I can look at.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support