[LDM #YPK-185842]: LDM request TAF, surface and upper air only

Hi Robert,

re:
> I am doing some field work in Sweden and have to minimize bandwidth.
< I would like to request ONLY the following:

> METARS
> Synoptic Land and Ship Obs
> TAFs
> Upper air
>
> What do I need to put in my request line to accomplish this?  I tried
> DDPLUS|IDS and that was getting some PFM and other large file that I don't
> need.

The easiest way would likely be to have a REQUEST that excludes the
large data products that you don't want (use the not key ('^')
in front of the portion of the product ID that lists the set of unwanted
products.  Since I don't know the WMO id of the products that you
want to exclude, I can't provide a ready-to-use example.

Comment:

- use the 'notifyme' utility's '-p' flag value to test your
  target REQUEST entry.

  Remember that you may need to surround your '-p' regular
  expression with shifted quotes so that they won't be
  interpreted by the shell you are running in when using
  'notifyme' to investigate target patterns,

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: YPK-185842
Department: Support IDD