[IDD #IVA-124665]: old NEXRAD data

Hi James,

re: which NEXRAD data are you referring to
> This was the NEXRAD Level 2 feed. We generate our own Level 3 data

OK.

re: what is your machine's fully qualified hostname

> No, our client machine is llwxldm1.wx.ll.mit.edu (129.55.66.6).

OK.  We are not receiving real-time statistics for this machine.  This
will make troubleshooting very difficult.

Question:

- can you enable reporting of real-time stats back to us?

  This is done by uncommenting (or adding) an EXEC line in
  your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file and then stopping and restarting
  your LDM.

  The EXEC line in question will look like:

#
# rtstats uses the LDM to send product latency statistics to the UPC.
# For more info on rtstats please see the man page.
EXEC    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

re:
> First, let me say that this problem has returned. The data at this moment is
> running 36 minutes behind.

The cause of this is hard to guess given that we don't have any real-time
stats from llwxldm1.wx.ll.mit.edu.  The possibilities include:

- you are getting the data in a timely manner but something is slowing the
  processing of the products out of your LDM queue

- there is some sort of packet shaping being done that is limiting the
  flow of products to your machine

- there is some network congestion between you and your upstream feed host
  for the Level 2 data

- the data from the originating site is being delayed

Being able to see your real-time stats would help winnow this list down
to the culprit.

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: IVA-124665