[LDM #DGN-677559]: 3 LDM Related Goose Chases

Hi Daryl,

> I have three LDM related questions that may each be goose chases :)
>
> 1) What is the character encoding of "text" data coming down the IDD?  Is
> is supposed to be US-ASCII or is it Western-European something?

The textual data-products on the IDD are mostly from NOAAPORT, so whatever
encoding the NWS uses will be the encoding on the IDD. This link might help:
<http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/table.html>.

> 2) Why did this CAPOUN product end up in the HDS feedtype, while the
> HMLDMX ended up in the IDS type?  They are both XML, but one does not
> have DOS LF.  Is that it?

You got me. I know the LDM but not the data. I'll forward this to Tom.

I think, however, that data-products on the NOAAPORT textual channel are tagged
IDS|DDPLUS and those on a particular, non-textual channel are tagged HDS.

> Jan 29 16:41:50 pqcat INFO:     4674 20130129162932.235     HDS 28695901
> XOUS54 KWBC 291629 /pCAPOUN
> Jan 29 16:14:42 pqcat INFO:    72611 20130129161039.891 IDS|DDPLUS
> 28652970  SRUS53 KDMX 291610 /pHMLDMX
>
> 3) Why do IDD products have "\r\r\n" line feeds, instead of DOS CRLF,
> which is "\r\n"?  Is there a reference to what "\r\r\n" means?

You figured that out. :-)

> thanks,
> daryl
>

> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Regards,
Steve Emmerson