[IDD #GOQ-777351]: LDM on 128.117.156.80(gale) appears to be down

Hi Daryl,

Sorry for the slow response; I've been outside cleaning snow off of things
that would break otherwise (it started snowing before dawn this morning,
and it hasn't stopped yet; this is on top of logs of rain yesterday
evening/night; its hard to believe that it is May 11!).

re:
> Has something happened to LDM on gale?  I am unable to connect to it for
> HRRR data...
>
> May 11 12:41:24 chinook 128.117.156.80[10962] WARN: Couldn't connect to
> LDM on 128.117.156.80 using either port 388 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote
> system error - Connection refused
>
> From chinook.agron.iastate.edu

I found that the LDM on gale crashed.  The procedure for fixing the write
counter in the existing queue failed, so I saved it off so that Steve
can examine it tomorrow.  After making a new queue, I restarted the
LDM on gale, so you should, once again, be receiving HRRR data.

Sorry for the service interruption!

Cheers,

Tom

Ticket ID: GOQ-777351