IDV bundle file creation

Kalika,

You can look at the XML encoding of a bundle file by saving a bundle
file using the File->Save as menu selection, and saving a file with
extension .xidv.  Then look at that file with any normal editor, or
print it, to read the XML.

You can save a "jnlp file" with the same menu selection and using a file
extension of .jnlp. That file also can be viewed in an editor but the
bundle information part of it is base64-encoded xml (using
org.apache.xerces.utils.Base64) and is not human-readable.

Both kinds of files are written by the method doSave(String filename) in
the class
ucar/unidata/idv/IntegratedDataViewer.java which makes calls on code in
ucar/unidata/xml/XmlEncoder.java and other classes.

Stuart Wier

> Hi
>
> I want to look into bundle files. How exactly a bundle file is created ? I
> would like to look into that code , also like to study various elelemts in
> xml format in a bundle file

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service