20031008:idv and RedHat 7.3

Donna,

Thanks for sending the detailed information.  The obvious thing is the
output error

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Clearly the previous suggestion to get GLX going was not sufficient.
I will talk to a systems man here about GLX, and check around about
this.

GLX is an extension to OpenGL. GLX is what makes X windows system and
OpenGL (Mesa) work together.
We alos need to make usre your Mesa is ok. I will try to get back on
this tomorrow.

I have also asked about this annoying output that I have seen before:
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Escape,_Key_Cancel" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F1,_Key_Help" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Shift<Key>F10,_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F10,Shift_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>KP_Enter,_Key_Execute" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to type
VirtualBinding
Some little thing missing in Linux.

Stuart

> >To: address@hidden,
> >To: address@hidden
> >cc: address@hidden
> >From: Donna Tucker <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Re: 20030724: idv and RedHat 7.3
>
> --0-437876171-1065623418=:59818
>
> Stuart,
>
> I have made the change given below.  I logged out and
> logged in again but did not reboot machine.  I
> am still getting errors both on startup and when
> I try to run something.  The error file is attached.
>
> Donna Tucker
>
> --- Stuart Wier <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Donna,
> >
> > Here is what we found about your Dell computer
> > installed with Redhat
> > Linux 7.3.
> >
> > In your file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is the line
> >
> > #     Load  "glx"             # OpenGL X protocol interface
> >
> > remove the # that comments-out the line or simply
> > make the line
> >         Load  "glx"
> >
> > Please let us know if this solves the problem.
> >
> > Stuart Wier

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
Program
303 497 8643                                                  P.O. Box
3000
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
80307
Unidata WWW Service