20031119: IDV display of Level II

>From: address@hidden

Hi Tony-

First, your message came in formatted as HTML. If you could send
it as plain text, that would help.  Now about your questions:

>IDV team:
>1. I mentioned in an earlier email that I'm running 1.1b2 on my SuSE Linux
> machine but the Data Source Selector window brings up no 'tabs' to allow me t
> o access remote data. I only get the Files/URLs tab. It works fine on my Wind
> ows laptop.

If you resize the Data Source Selector window, do the other tabs appear?
It sounds like a repaint problem.

>2. I'm currently ingesting the Level II data for KFTG and trying to display
>  it with IDV_1.1b2 on my SuSE Linux machine. When I access the files with the
>  Data Selector, the only Display options I'm given are Data probe and Omni Co
> ntrol. I don't get Radar Sweep in 2D or 3D, RHI, etc. I haven't tried it on m
> y Window machine which leads me to my next question:

If you can only use the file selector, it probably doesn't know what's
appropriate.  Unfortunately, I have no way to test that since we don't
have a SuSE Linux machine.

>3.Is it possible to set up my LDM server so that remote machines can
>  access the Level II data? For instance I have my Windows laptop running
>  the IDV and I'd like to be able to display the Level II data that I hav
> e coming into my LDM server.

You could use Samba to mount the LDM directory on your server from
the windows machine or use NFS from other Linux machines.  I mount
the LDM directory on our data server from my windows box as the
I: drive and then access the Level II data from there.

Don