20050630: data probes in IDV

When I brought up the display, it was on a projection for which the
values were missing.  When I redid the display, the temperature field
displayed on the correct projection and the probe contained values. When I changed the projection to a smaller scale such as South America, the values went missing even though the selector was on the screen. Shouldn't the probe work on those smaller scales? What am I doing wrong?

The scale shouldn't matter. Is this a 3d or 2d field? If 3d what level are you probing on?
Perhaps the probe level is out of the vertical spatial domain.

-Jeff