[IDV #MAU-547464]: IDV - Java Xmx allocation argument for more than 2000m

Hi Stu-

> Institution: UNAVCO
> Package Version: 2.0
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware Information: usual
> Inquiry: I understand that the Java memory allocation argument, such as
> -Xmx512m, differs for more than about 2000 megs. If so what is the proper
> form for 4 megs?

If you are running on Windows (32 bit), Java can only access 1.5 GB, so
-Xmx1500m would be appropriate.  Starting with Java 1.5 (which is what
we use with the installers), you can use g for gigabyte, so -Xmx3g
would be 3 Gb.

For more info, you could check out:

http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/index.html

Don