[IDV #HJT-379438]: Displaying Level III McIDAS Area Files

Hi Greg,

> I would like to display a Level III McIDAS Area file in IDV. It loads OK but
> the display is black.  Any thoughts?

There is actually data there but the range of the data is ~0-6
and that is only in a small part of the image. The rest is 0.
With the default color table range of 0-255 you are getting mostly
black (using the gray scale color table).

Try changing the Color range - right click on the color bar
and select "Change Range"

You can also add a data probe or a data transect on this image to
see the actual values.

Don is out for a few days but I'll ask him to look at this file
to see if there is anything wrong about the data or our reading
of the data.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HJT-379438