[IDV #BMU-403022]: IDV - Unable to connect to EUMETSAT ADDE server

Hi Carla-

> The imagedefaults.xml file was on the right location. The problem was on
> choosing the name of the dataset on the data chooser.
> Only with this last e-mail of yours I realized I had to put EUM_AD on the
> data set field of IDV...as I was trying to retrieve
> satellite images I was always selecting RTIMAGES...my mistake!

No problem.  The important thing is that you were able to make
it work. Just as a point of interest, you should probably use the
plugin method for this in the future.  We are migrating that
in that direction as a way to add/remove features.  An easy
way to do this would be to move your imagedefaults.xml from
the .metapps/DefaultIdv directory to the .metapps/DefaultIdv/plugins
directory.  That's where it gets placed when you use the menu
anyway, so this is a quick shortcut.

> It worked! Many many thanks! I was finally able to load an image from
> EUMETSAT server!

let me know if you have further questions about the IDV.

Don

Ticket ID: BMU-403022
Department: Support IDV