[IDV #BJE-469282]: IDV - display list properties and display label

Hi HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.2b1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.2b1\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_06 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi
>
> The display list properties for the display label are handled centrally in
> the preferences
> widget. This is somewhat clumsy when you have to change properites frequently
> (e.g.
> colour may depend on image backgorund, size may depend on number of panels in
> display). I.e. one side you can change the label text locally, but not the
> lable properties.
> Would be possible to move the label properties down o the display widget, or
> is there
> some hidden problem/adavantage with that?

You can change the color/font properties for all labels in a particular
view manager (e.g. map display) through the View->Properties menu.  For
a particular display, you can change the color through the
Edit->Display List Color menu, but not the font.  The idea was that
the font/size would be the same for all display list labels in a
view manager, but that the user might want to change the individual
colors for each label.

Are you wanting to have different font/sizes for different labels?  If
so, can you give me a use case for this?

Thanks.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: BJE-469282