[IDV #WHQ-301065]: IDV - Earthquake data needed for the smallest quakes

> Don,
>
> Yo we got little tiny earthquakes - see attached image

We've had a problem with scaling of location displays.

> The depths are all 0; any way to plot them at the depth in the data file? I
> see part of
> each line in the file is like "0.60 km" which looks like a depth.

The xml is georss. Other than the geo:lat, geo:lon fields we really don't know
what the other fields are (e.g., dc:subject) so we really have nothing to go on.
If you guys really need this you could always write a proxy-cgi thing on the
unavco
web site that fetches the georss and converts it to the idv locations xml
format on the
fly.

>where would the places.xml file go to get included in the geonidv.jar plugin?

If you call it <anything>locations.xml the idv will pick it up as a location
file.
You can always look at the patterns defined in IdvResourceManager:
   public static final IdvResource RSC_LOCATIONS =
        new XmlIdvResource("idv.resource.locations",
                           "Fixed station locations",
                           "(locations.*\\.xml$|locations.*\\.csv$)");

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WHQ-301065