[IDV #YXW-276252]: IDV - Error

Hi Curtis-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> Institution: Department of Geography, Kansas University
> Package Version: 2.1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_06 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: An error has occurred:
> Creating display: Contour Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException

The problem is that the IDV does not handle derived quantities that
involve derivatives when the domain of the grid is straight lat/lon.
This is listed in the known bugs, but probably not as evident as
what your problem is.  With lat/lon grids, we need to account for the
decreasing spacing of longitude lines with increasing latitude.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: YXW-276252
Department: Support IDV