[IDV #FLG-986886]: CursorReadoutWindow in NavigatedViewManager

Jon-

> >> Some of the McV people here think that the CursorReadoutWindow that
> >> pops up with a middle click is a bit redundant, given the same
> >> information (albeit with less precision) is available in the status
> >> bar.
> >>
> >> In an effort to push out our alpha 8 of McV I simply commented out
> >> the
> >> following lines in NavigatedViewManager:
> >> MouseEvent mouseEvent = (MouseEvent) inputEvent;
> >> if (!(mouseEvent.isControlDown() || !
> >> SwingUtilities.isMiddleMouseButton(mouseEvent))) {
> >> if (cursorReadoutWindow == null) {
> >> cursorReadoutWindow = new CursorReadoutWindow(this);
> >> }
> >> cursorReadoutWindow.handleMousePressedOrDragged(mouseEvent);
> >> }
> >>
> >> (should be lines 576-582...)
> >>
> >> I was loathe to make another instance of "local" IDV code in McV...
> >> is
> >> there any way I could get a pref or property check added to that if
> >> statement?
> >>

> > We could do a property if needed. But - the McV people who objected
> > to that facility probably didn't realize that if you have displays
> > with data in the view we also will sample the data when we do the
> > middle mouse and show the sample values in that same little popup
> > window.  So it only seems redundant - its actually a very nice
> > feature.
>
> Ugh, this one is way too old! At any rate, I've run this by the McV
> people. A property would work out wonderfully and let me kill off yet
> another copied IDV class in McV.

Again, we can certainly do a property to turn this off, but have
the McV people actually tried using this facility with data?  We
are using it for tropical cyclone displays to list the information
about a particular point. This could easily be used to emulate
the Alt-D command currently in McIDAS.

> Apologies for letting this slide for so long.

No problem.  We just want to make sure that a useful feature is not
ignored.

Don

Ticket ID: FLG-986886