[IDV #DVW-638736]: IDV question...

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> >>Is there a reason that ParamDefaultsEditor.getParamRange
> >>doesen't check the DataAlias table?  getParamColorTable
> >>does.
> >>

> >Hi Tom,
> >I think it does use the data aliases. It calls getParamInfo which does check
> >for the canonical name:
> >
> >      if (info == null) {
> >            String canonicalName = DataAlias.aliasToCanonical(paramName);
> >
> >-Jeff
> >

> >Ticket Details
> >===================
> >Ticket ID: DVW-638736
> >Department: Support IDV
> >

> I'm having trouble with getParamRange following the alias, but no
> problem with getParamColorTable which has slightly different
> logic.

Are you saying this doesn't work or that you don't understand how it is working?

getColorRange uses getParamInfo:
   public Range getParamRange(String paramName) {
        ParamInfo paramInfo = getParamInfo(paramName);
        return ((paramInfo != null)
                ? paramInfo.getRange()
                : null);
    }

getParamInfo will end up trying the data alias mechanism.  If this isn't
working the one thing I can think of is that you might have a param info
defined for the original param name that does not have a range defined for it.
getParamRange will end up with the paramInfo for the initial paramName and then
return null.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: DVW-638736