[IDV #WYM-408391]: point data of asteroid trajectory

Hi HP-

> > It's plotting the seconds since the base time which is the value of the
> > number.  I'm putting a change into the next nightly build which will
> > format the Time variable if you use a Text Symbol in the Layout Model.
> > Right now it only uses the default time format and the decluttering
> > isn't that great, but hopefully that will help some.
> >
> Yes, it helps. However, with that an old desire surfaces again:
> What I would really like to have is 2 kinds of date formats, one for
> use in file name template when capturing movies and one for use
> elsewhere (like in the layout model or in the dislay/legend labels). I
> would then use a compact format for filenames (yyyyMMddHHmm) and better
> readable one for labels (yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm z). Up to now as User
> Preferences I have specified the compact format giving the priority to
> short file names rather than readability. Would it be possible
> therefore, to have the current date format as the primary one, and to
> create a secondary date format (and macro) that could be used e.g. for
> the file name template?

In the Movie capture dialog, you can specify where to save
the individual files and specify a time in the filename that uses
a different formatting than the preference.  If you mouse over the
Filename Template entry box, the tooltip explains the format.
For example, you could use:

foo%time:yyyyMMddHHmm%.png

to get a filename like foo200810311200.png

Is that what you are looking for?

> still rainig, HP

We're enjoying a beautiful fall week with blue skies and
warm (23C) days.  Hope the rain ends soon for you.

Don

Ticket ID: WYM-408391