[IDV #UGH-190210]: N. Hem. projection: wire frame box shape and display labe l obscuration

Dave,
Sorry for the late response (I think this is a record) but your request slipped
through the cracks (or maybe you came by last spring and we resolved this?)

> I've created one of my favorite plots, a 300 mb isosurface with a Northern
> Hemisphere projection, using GFS 2.5 degree model data (bundle attached).
>
> I see that the wire frame box in this case is rectangular, and it cuts off
> a chunk of North America when aligned as shown in the attached bundle. Can
> I make the wire frame box square, which seems a more natural fit to this
> particular projection?
>
> One solution is not to clip the view at the wire frame box. However, when
> I do that (try this at home!), the isosurface extends to the edges of the
> display window and it obscures the display label on most of the frames in
> the animation. I've tried bringing the plot to the front, but that doesn't
> seem to do anything in this case.

That is very weird. If you do a control-r then the box gets reset to a square
box.
Maybe it was a timing thing. If this comes up again please get back with us and
we will
definitely respond quicker next time.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UGH-190210