[IDV #MHT-202012]: Hung on creating User Interface

Hi Dave,

I think I have fixed this problem.  I could make this happen by creating a
heavy load on both of my processers (running 2 separate scripts that looped
forever) and then running the IDV.
What's happening is that JFileChoosers are being created in 2 separate threads
(the chooser and the JythonManager). This is locking something up deep down in
the JDK.

See here for a number of bug reports about this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sun.misc.Unsafe.park+jfilechooser&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=

I modified visad.util.TextEditor (created by the JythonManager) to not create a
JFileChooser right away. I also modified our FileChooser to set a property to
false:
        public void updateUI() {
            putClientProperty("FileChooser.useShellFolder", Boolean.FALSE);
            super.updateUI();
        }

This also has the effect of speeding up the creation of the filechooser.

I also start up the IDV monitor earlier in the initialization process. You can
get a stack trace from it by hitting:
http://localhost:8788/stack.html

-Jeff

Ticket ID: MHT-202012