[IDV #UHI-275132]: Point data issue

Hi Kevin-

> When I do
> PTLIST RTPTSRC/BUFRTOZN DEV=CCC with RTPTSRC pointed to stimpy:
> I do see
>
> PTLIST* RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN SELECT= POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1 VERSION= 1
>
> and then it returns the following (a list of the available parameters):
>
> DAY       = _missing_          |  TIME   = _missing_
> STID      = _missing_          |  OR10   = _missing_
> SATC      = _missing_         |  SSNX   = _missing_
> SSNY      = _missing_         |  LAT      = _missing_
> LON        = _missing_         |  ROWN  = _missing_
> COLN      = _missing_         |  OZON   = _missing_
>
> Number of matches found = 1
> I'm guessing it should be sending a record back by default, but I don't
> know what I should send back by default

I think the server is supposed to return the first non-missing report.

> as there are several different parameters (and worse for other files).

It returns all the parameters in a row/column.

> If I say,
> PTLIST RTPTSRC/BUFRTOZN PAR=DAY TIME LAT LON OZON NUM=1
> I get back
> DAY[CYD] TIME[HMS]  OZON    LAT[DEG]  LON[DEG]
> -------------- ----------------   --------     -------------   -------------
> 2006196      234500          330       23.44647   59.60308
>
> From what directory do you run that java command?
> I get
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
>
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.main(AddePointDataReader.java:515)

I have the edu tree in my classpath.

I would add the trace=1 to both the McIDAS and java requests
and see what the server says on the other end.

BTW, for the Java request, I do eventually get back:

Exception in thread "main" edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: No datasets
found edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException:            ♦       HSuccessful
 return
        at
edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:156)
        at
edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.main(AddePointDataReader.java:526)

Don

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi Kevin-
> >

> >> I am using an Eclipse build and put an extra &trace=1 statement into
> >> some of Dave Parker's code.
> >> Thanks for the trce fix. I will see if I can get any further with the
> >> point stuff.
> >> I can get it to list and display values in McIDAS-X using PTLIST/PTDISP,
> >> so not sure where my disconnect is.
> >>

> > In McIDAS, what happens if you do:
> >
> > PTLIST RTPTSRC/BUFRTOZN DEV=CCC
> >
> > This is essentially what the sampleIt section of code is
> > asking.  You should see something like:
> >
> > PTLIST* RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN SELECT= POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1 VERSION= 1
> >
> > Does that return anything?
> >
> > Another way to test this outside the IDV/Mc-V is to use the
> > AddePointDataReader class.  For example, if I run:
> >
> > $ java edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader
> > "adde://stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu/pointdata?group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true"
> >
> > I get:
> >
> > Data Requested:
> > host from URL: stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu
> > file from URL:
> > /pointdata?group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true
> > Service = mdks
> > uCmd=group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&num=1&pos=0&debug=true
> > String passed to server = RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN   POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1
> > RTPTSRC BUFRTOZN   POS=0 TRACE=0 MAX=1 VERSION=1
> > user = KEVS
> > proj = 6999
> > compression = gzip
> > connecting on port 112 using gzip compression.
> > numBinaryBytes= 0
> >
> > and it just kind of hangs there.  You could add on the trace=1
> > to see what's going on on the other end.
> >
> > Don
> >

> >> Kevin

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: UHI-275132