[IDV #WCT-536753]: Shapefile points

Hi Simon-

> Full Name: Simon Metcalf
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
> I've been unable to successfully display shapefiles of a point format.  In
> particular I'd like to display location points and label them.  The display
> properties for the shapefile contain options like "line width" and "line
> colour".  Is IDV only able to display line and polygon shapefiles?  Is there
> another way I can get it to display points?

We don't currently support the point shape files, only line and polygon.  It's
on our list of things to do, but doesn't have a timeline.

The only suggestion I have is if you can output the shapefile to a
comma separated value (csv) file, you could it in according to the directions
at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/LocationXml.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: WCT-536753