[IDV #HXV-716935]: License limitations

Hi Tim,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

> Description of problem: I have a website to which I'd like to setup a system
> to use either the Gempak or IDV package to assist in uploading near real-time
> or real-time radar imagery, satellite imagery as well as additional
> observations (metar, recon, etc).  This website is entirely free to the
> public and I have no inclination to charge any subscription fees.  However, I
> will be placing some advertisements to cover server costs and what-not.  I
> wanted to write and see if this was acceptable for either or both of the
> packages I mentioned.

There are no restrictions on using the IDV (though we'd always appreciate a
credit somewhere).

I believe that there are no restrictions pertaining to GEMPAK but you might
want to send a separate note to address@hidden to clarify that.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: HXV-716935
Department: Support IDV