[IDV #WZT-815509]: How to

Hi

> Error loading bundle: /home/youssef/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/default.xidv
> Unable to open grid:
> /home/youssef/wrfems/runs/Maroc/emsprd/grads/200912251200_arw_wrfout_d01.grb
>
> Hi, When I run WRF and I visualize the data I create a bundle which I
> save in my favourites. The second day I run again WRF  I create a new
> grib file and I delete the old one. I want of course to visualize my
> data, to see it quicly and the same way ,I re-open the bundle and of
> course it creates an error because the name of he data (grib file) have
> changed.
>
> What is needed is some kind of error handling in a way that the soft
> asks you "data source not found, where is the data?" and one gives the
> name of the new grib file for example and the maps are re-created using
> the same template (bundle).
>
> Is it possible?

That is a good idea and we will put it on our todo list.  In the meantime you
could do one of 2 things. First, on your system you could have a symbolic link
(eg., "latestgrid") that points to the most recent data file. Or, if you save
an IDV bundle to disk and open it through the File->Open menu (as opposed to
saving it as an IDV managed Favorite bundle) in the file dialog is a checkbox
"Change Data Paths" that when checked will have the IDV prompt you for a new
data file.

> Thank you a lot and congratulation for the extraordinary work you are
> doing in Boulder, for all the world!
>
> Happy new year to all your team.

Thanks and happy new year's to you as well!

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WZT-815509