[IDV #URH-814996]: IDV crashed my PC's X-windows

Hi Jonathan=

> I have not run IDV for some time, but I tried to open it up to view a GRIB
> file recently.
> I tried to run IDV on a remote workstation and have it display on my PC,
> using cygwin (which I have done successfully in the past).
> This time, IDV crashed x-windows before it fully loaded up.
>
> Any ideas or recommendations?

I'm not sure what might be going on here to crash the X server.  Do other apps
run okay?  I tried it on my cygwin-X and didn't have that issue.  I used the -Y
option on ssh when logging into the remote machine where IDV is installed.  The
only other option I can think of is to update cygwin, but that seems like
overkill if it worked in the past.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: URH-814996