[IDV #RUL-757497]: Problem with text Drawing control background

Hi Tom-

> From a fresh start of the IDV, if I first add a couple of text "boxes"
> using the Drawing control, and then display an image, the background
> for the text "box" is black.  In the Control, I can change the
> background of the box to any other color, but cannot make it
> transparent.
>
> If, after the image is displayed, I add another box from the same
> Drawing Control, the background is made nicely transparent.  I've not
> experimented beyond this point....  I did look at the source code for
> ucar.unidata.ui.drawing.Glyph and it was not obvious to me what the
> "default" should be (right now, it is "null", but changing it to new
> Color(0x00000000,true) didn't help....)
>
> For the meanwhile, I'll just add the text boxes after displaying the
> image, but I'm thinking you might want to add this as a "bug"...

The text objects are drawn as little images with a transparent background.  So,
it's the usual transparent ordering issue.  Using the View->Bring to front menu
should make all the text glyphs work correctly.

Don

Ticket ID: RUL-757497