[IDV #CNV-564868]: Saving to RAMADDA server issue

> Ok, one more question:  say I authenticate to a RAMADDA server, and then
> save settings as a default bundle.  It appears that when I re-load the
> IDV, I am already connected to the server.  Is the authentication
> included in the bundle, or in local settings in the user's .unidata
> directory? If the former, is it theoretically possible for one user to
> copy another's settings and thus get access to the other's RAMADDA account?

The authentication is not stored in a bundle. Rather it is stored in the user's
local idv directory, e.g., <user>/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/publishers.xml
We save the password in an obfuscated way.

If another user copies the publishers.xml into their idv dir then any they can
access another user's account.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CNV-564868