[IDV #QCC-390644]: Graphics Configuration Error

>                   Name: Roman Kowch
>                  E-mail: address@hidden
>          Subject: Graphics Configuration Error
>

> **MESSAGE**
>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run the IDV (version 2.7u2) through PuTTY,
> which sets up an SSH connection and X11 forwarding. I am also
> using Xming 6.9.0.31 as the X display on my Windows computer.
> After typing runIDV, the dashboard is created but with the following
> error:
>
> Could not create a graphics configuration.
> Please contact Unidata user support or see the FAQ.

Hi Roman,
      I don't know much about PuTTY, but SSH connection is not an ideal setting
to run the IDV, I did several times with SSH -Y to run but it is problematic. I
would suggest to run VNC  if you need to run the IDV in the remote machine.

Yuan

> After using the -debug -trace options, I get:
>
> ****** START ******
> Thread:Thread-5
> S   D           T>XmlUtil.getDocument
> 3    480       <XmlUtil.getDocument ms: 1
> 3569 -4413  >NamedStationTable.makeStations
> 19   587      <NamedStationTable.makeStations ms: 19
> 366  11692  >NamedStationTable.makeStations
> 5    0          <NamedStationTable.makeStations ms: 5
> 1520 -2906  >VMManager calling ViewManager.init
> 0    0            >ViewManager.init
> 1    0              >ViewManager.init getMaster()
> 2    0                >MapViewManager.doMakeDisplayMaster projection
> 1    0                  >MapViewManager.new MPD
>
> **I also get a JAVA 3D WARNING message, but I confirmed that the IDV
> is using its pre-installed java library, because I manually executed
> IDV using the java program installed in /jre/bin
>

> Not sure if you solved this display problem yet. Would downloading
> an updated version of IDV help?
>

> Thanks for your help,
> Roman

Ticket ID: QCC-390644