[IDV #SUS-184627]: Website Visualization Info

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to reproduce the demo image (see attached image) from your
> website.  Would it be possible to get a quick set of instructions on
> how to do this (what data sources, etc.)?

The attachment contains no image.

> Also, I (and my colleagues) are having trouble getting IDV to connect to
> data sources through our proxy.  We have tried adding the proxy and proxy
> port to the Java command line in runIDV.bat but it doesn't seem to work.
> If you could point me to some documentation on IDV's use of proxy settings
> (e.g., can it use .pac proxy config files?) that would be great.

You can specify the proxy server/port to use from the command lin with a java
system property:

java -Dhttp.proxyHost=your.proxy.host -Dhttp.proxyPort=proxy_port_number
-Xmx1512m ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv

If you are running from an InstallAnywhere just change the runIDV or runIDV.bat
script, adding the above arguments.

Yuan

> Thanks very much.  IDV looks like a very interesting product and I'd
> love to demo it to the boss.
>
> Justin Beck | SW App Dev Eng, Sr, F064
>
> The MITRE Corporation | 7515 Colshire Drive | M/S Y350 | McLean, VA
> 22102-7539
>
> +1.703.983.7958 (phone) | +1.703.983.1083 (fax)

Ticket ID: SUS-184627