[IDV #SEK-867073]: Problem running IDV on Linux 32 bit

Dear IDV User,

Thanks for reporting this problem. It is indeed a bug related to systems with
low memory. (It has nothing to do with 32 vs 64 bit architecture, I think.)
Please try the latest nightly build tomorrow, and let us know if the problem is
still present. Note the IDV requires at least 512MB.

-Unidata IDV Support

> Hello -
>
> We have tried to download the most recent IDV nightly, as well as
> Version 3.0b1 on our Linux-32bit machine. It seems to install OK, but
> when we try to run it via ./runIDV, we are getting the following error
> in the terminal:
>
> Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx-7m
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>
> I have not seen this on any other platform I have tested thus far.
>
> - Bob

Ticket ID: SEK-867073