[IDV #YBS-223944]: computer requirements

Will,

I develop and run the IDV on a 1 yr old MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

Unless you are dealing with very large datasets (e.g. satellite, ensemble data)
4GB should be fine for the IDV.

That said, I personally think leaning towards more RAM is a good idea (not just
for the IDV but in general).

Best Regards,

-Unidata IDV Support

> Hi, I'm about to purchase a new computer to run IDV on.  I was wondering what
> the minimum operating requirements you would recommend to run IDV effectively
> on are?  I'm looking at a macbook pro with 4GB of memory and the i7, 2.2GHZ
> processor.  Should I upgrade to 8GB of memory?  Do I need a stronger
> processor? Or should the basic macbook pro work?  Thanks,
>
> - Will Farr
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: YBS-223944